If you will use printed name tags and you settle on using inserts, there is a diversity of name badge holder that you can select on and have something to take into considerations for your events and guests.
1. Sticker Name Tags – the stickers are considered the more cost-effective when compared to those that requires a plastic holder, because you will only need to purchase the paper you will have to print it on. But, for those that have long hairs, be careful because this will surely stick to your hair, just like any other recorded incidents. Most of the time, the person was not aware about that sticky thing or the sticker name tags that transferred to their hair, and not to another person will act strange about it.
The worst part with stickers is that, you want to pull the sticker out of your hair without pulling your hair strands in the process, and there will be many trials to make this thing happen. The desire to turn away from the hairs to be pulled out isn’t a deal-breaker. The stickers are so cheap, and easy to use, and should not damage your clothes. Plus it saves time, where you will not have to create your assembly line when you insert a printed name tag into their holder, but, sticker name tags are worth considering!
2. Clip-on Name Tag - aside from the stickers, this clip-on is the most normal kind of name tags. It has a little clip at the back for the attendees to attach this name badge to the clothes. This is the best if the shirt has a pocket where it will clip on name tags. But, most of the dresses and tops do not have the best spot. To get this around, the combination name badges can be used, which will both have both the pin and the clip. This will give the attendees the capability to select their preferences.
3. Pinned Name Tag – except you are doing that combo pin and clip, this pinned name tag will make someone wary, particularly when it comes to the corporate events. Since there is no need to worry about the leaking of pockets in the shirt where the clip of the name badge will be attached, and not everybody wanted to have holes in their outfit, especially if the clothes are made of expensive materials like the silk, the pinned name tags, is the best choice for you because it is so easy to attach, also, they are not that expensive.
4. Magnetic Name Badge – the magnetic name badge is an alternative option that seemed to be a bit expensive compared to the other name tags. Magnetic will not cause any harm issues about possible damages of the clothes, which will make the magnetic name badge a benefit for any event. Although, there are event planners and concerned guests, that thought of the possibilities of sticking together their clothes or shirts in the front of a group of strangers.
5. Lanyards – this is the still the best because it sum-up all the above issues. However, the largest drawback is its cost. You need to mutually pay for the plastic badge holders and the lanyards. If the guests do not remember to give the name badges, it will continue to add to the events.
The badge itself does hang a bit lower, and making it hard for that sneaky peak at the new contact’s name. But, there are people that understand the moment a fellow attendee is staring and wanting to see the name of the wearer and the company they are employed, and this is the networking point!
Einst Urown, Kinds of Magnetic and Approved Badge Holder, 2018
Kleertech, 2017, Name Badge Holder, Access 2018