When you thought of lanyards, you think about its cord that carries identification cards for school or for work that are worn around the neck. Yes, this is the initial use of lanyard as we are aware of it today. But, there are some other applications of lanyard aside from carrying your work or school ID around it.
1. Cell Phone holder – today, this is becoming the most helpful thing that a lanyard can give you. Just like the other things that you end up losing after using, the cell phone can also be attached to the lanyard that is around your neck. Simply use another attachment that is exclusively for your cell phone use.
2. Compass holder – this use is for camping, hiking and for those that love to explore with the outdoor activities. The use of lanyard is not only to hold the compass, but it is for you to use it easily and immediately when you are in hurry or when you need it promptly. You don’t have to search it in your backpack that is full of other stuff and might get the chance of not finding it quicker. It is around your neck now that is within your reach. Important documents, maps, and some other small items can also be placed to your lanyard by using an attachment. Compass is one of the essential tools in hiking or camping.
3. Emergency tool kit – the maintenance personnel are always carrying small tools like hex key set, tiny screwdrivers and the like that must be around their neck most of the time, and lanyard is a big help for them. They are using a tiny carrying pouch or case that they attach to their lanyard where they can access easily to the tools when needed. This can be used also for holding a pouch for watch, jewelry, and computer repair kits.
4. Key holders – this works best for people that usually forget their keys at home or at work place. Consider lanyards as your daily buddy and wear it every day with the ID around your neck so you will not be able to forget it.
5. Pen holders – like the keys, pens are the second must thing to have but normally forget at home, in the car, at the office or school and in the bag, so for you to carry it always wherever you go and not to misplace it, simply use an attachment or a badge reel that will carry your pen with your ID and it will allow you to use the pen without the need to remove it from the lanyard.
6. Political giveaways – this use of lanyards is very helpful for politicians and their assistants. They are using an exclusively customize lanyard with their political and campaign slogans imprinted on it. These are worn by their supporters and campaign personnel with their IDs on it at all times. It can be worn during events and rallies where their candidate will be attending, to show their support and also to be recognized whom they are supporting.
Einst Urown, is a Marketing graduate and an article and blog writer, The 6 Unique Uses for Lanyards, 2018